Subscribe via email

Get new posts by email:  

How far away are the Voyager probes?

Find out for yourself! Voyager 2 has its own Twitter account and regularly updates followers with her current distance, in terms of light-travel time, from the Earth. She answers questions from followers too, presumably via her engineers.

You can read and follow her tweets here: @voyager2

She also tweets about her sister, Voyager 1's distance from the Earth in the same terms. Her latest distance tweets are:

I am currently 12 hrs 56 mins 28 secs of light-travel time from Earth


You can read more about what the Voyager probes are doing out there at this post.

Comments

  1. I asked that question ages ago didn't I? How weird to think that space probes tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You asked a very similar question, and I have linked to my answer in the above post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blogs